- How far do you live from company's office?
- How do you commute? By train, bike, on foot?
- Do you have experience working at a distance? Via skype or phone?
- What's the best thing about working with software testing?
- Why is Regression Testing important?
- What do you consider to be the perfect requirements document?
- What makes requirements documentation bad documentation?
- Which type of stakeholder do you like working together the most: sponsors, product owners, QA teams, programmers or other?
- Tell me about an experience of yours where you had to inovate to overcome a barrier inside a project.
- Tell me about a project of yours that has failed to meet its objectives.
- Which tools do you like to use to perform your work?
- How do you deal with feedback from managers or project sponsors?
- What do you consider to be a good team size for software development? How many people in it?
- What do you consider to be a "complex" web application? Where does complexity come from?
- Do you write automated testing routines? If so, tell me about its main stages, an overview of the process.
- What do you think about the combination of manual and automated testing routines? How well do they co-exist in formal software development processes?
- It's the third time on the week you send your report full of review points back to programmers. What's going on with this team?
- It's the third time on the week that sponsors send you documentation about the same requirements, but with small differences among them. What could possibly be wrong?
- What does the word "success" mean to you professionally and personally speaking?
24 de agosto de 2011
Interview questions for Software QA/Test person
Recently I had the chance to interview candidates for a Software Tester opening in our team. Here are the questions that I've used during the interview: